Monday, November 28, 2011

Christmas Ornaments-Das style

I had this great idea in my head to make white clay ornaments. I went on a hunt for white clay. Bought some, it was grey. it dried grey. I tried white sculpty, it's too soft and unforgiving of little prints and mistakes. So i sought out Das. Remember Das modelling clay? Bet you forgot about the smell!! Not so bad, it just brought me back to my childhood. SO, I bought white, opened it up, it was grey. I closed it up and sulked. Then I decided to take a little piece and let it dry. it dried white! Yippeeeeeee!!

After borrowing my friend's stash of cookie cutters, (thank goodness, I have no idea where mine are) I went to work with the addition of some stamping supplies.

I'm in love. And I've hardly made a dent to what's in my head and the endless possibilities and combinations of my tools.

Like, I'm going to add some rhinestones to the edges of the snow.

And I want to add glitter to some and use a glassy glaze on top of the glitter.

Just wondering though, should I put a glossy varnish on it? So it will catch the tree lights?


Have a good one!
Amanda

8 comments:

Anya said...

These are great! Thank you for the idea, will definitely make some with kiddos!

charlotte said...

Very very lovely!
Just how you had imagined.
Good on you!

Once a small seed said...

Beautiful! Yes, add the gloss.

anna said...

These are so pretty! I wonder how you put the designs on them? I love the leafy green ones especially. They would make lovely christmas gifts.

Kelly said...

Your ornaments are really effective!

Regina said...

These are really pretty. I love how they look all hung up like that. :)

hands follow heart said...

They are absolutely gorgeous! I love the simplicity of it. No glitter for me, pls! ;-)

Anonymous said...

They are lovely. And no gloss; the simplicity of them is so beautiful. And like Anna I wonder - how did you make the leafy patterns?